Munich’s number one address for your data
The Munich 2 data center, which is currently under construction, is situated in the north of Munich, in Unterschleißheim approx. 25 km as the crow flies from e-shelter’s Munich 1 site. The Munich 2 data center is planned to be a dedicated data center new build and is being developed in several building stages. On a plot which is more than 18,000 sqm large, about 5,600 sqm of data center space is being developed in two buildig stages. Start for operations of the first building stage is planned for first quarter 2017.
The site was selected on the basis of an extensive risk analysis to satisfy the high requirements for security and availability. The provision of electricity, connection to data networks and protection against natural hazards were all given particular consideration here. In Munich 2, a cooling by groundwater will also be used, which has been developed for maximum energy efficiency.
Services of Datacenter Munich 2
- Power supply at 20 kV level from two substations from two separate feeds
- Two separate UPS systems (A- and B-supply)
- Redundant emergency power system with diesel generators
- Monitoring by e-shelter own 24/7 Security Command and Control Center with security personnel from e-shelter security on-site
- Standardized security processes and the 7-level security system secure the tenant areas and technical operations
- Access control via non-contact chip and PIN or optional biometrics signature
- Secured perimeter zones with electronically monitored security fencing system, incorporating anti-climb and anti-tunneling protection
- Monitoring of all critical infrastructure by e-shelter own operation staff on-site
- Standardized operation processes with amplified technical systems redundancy in order to ensure maximum reliability
- At least ten carriers from several, redundant feeds in two Carrier-Meet-Me-Rooms
- Intersection-free A- and B-duct system for fiber optic cabling
- Cross-Connects can be realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Internet connections from 1 up to 10 Gbit/s as an additional service.